I would like to thank Ms. whitescape (thewhitescape.wordpress.com) for nominating me for Liebster Blog Award. It is my first one and am feeling honoured by the nomination.
Here are few random things about me –
1. I am technically unemployed.
2. I am technically obese.
3. I am technically not bald yet.
4. I have had my journey from highly religious to strictly non-believer.
5. I used to watch one movie a day for long time.
6. I started reading late in life but am picking up.
7. I started writing even more late but slowly.
8. I have an endless list of activities which I pursued for some time but never moved out of the beginners club (swimming, lawn tennis, mountaineering, kayaking and other water sports, karate, snooker, table tennis, squash…). I even have one certificate for most of them.
9. I like social sciences and literature but have no formal education in them.
10. I am Bachelor of Technology in Metallurgical Engineering and Materials Science of which I have no clue at all.
11. I cry while watching movies.
Romila asked me to answer these questions. You might find them of some interest –
1. The last book you read?
– Breakout Nations by Ruchir Sharma
2. The last book you LOVED?
– Considering that love happens only once: The Road Less Travelled by M. Scott Peck
3. Do you have any pets?
4. Did you grow up in a small town or a big city?
– A million plus city but then it had development level of a small town (Jabalpur)
5. Do you have any hobbies other than reading?
– Does watching movies count?
6. Book buyer? Library patron? Combination?
7. Movie you could watch over and over?
– I have this habit of going over movies many times but I do not watch them in full. If you insist naming one, I would say Notting Hill for Julia Roberts.
8. If you could travel anywhere where would you go?
9. Do you know more than 1 language?
– English, Hindi and working knowledge of Sanskrit.
10. Favorite television show?
– Big Bang Theory.
11. Your favorite blog?
– Too young to name one. Sorry!
Liebster is German for sweet, nice, dearest, beloved, lovely, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. (All things anyone would want to be known as!!) The award was started to bring recognition to new bloggers (or those with fewer than 200-300 followers) and serves as motivation for those nominated to keep blogging.
There are few rules for receiving and passing on this nomination further.
Kindly thank the person who nominated you and acknowledge him/her by mentioning their blog link for the same.
Each person must post 11 things about themselves
Answer the Questions that the nominator sets for you + create 11 Questions for the people you have nominated
Choose 11 deserving bloggers and link them in your post
Go to their blog and inform them about this by commenting on one of their posts.
Don’t tag back the person who mentioned you.
I’m nominating the following blogs who deserve this Award. I am always pleased to read your posts. Keep writing!
Soumya – http://soumyav.wordpress.com/
Rekha – http://rekspoursout.wordpress.com/
The Bells – http://planetbell.wordpress.com/
Shreya – http://shreyathinks.wordpress.com/
Diana – http://dianasmusings.wordpress.com/
Swati – http://wordsofswati.wordpress.com/
A nice lady – http://constantconfessions.wordpress.com/
A girl engineer – http://dreamtheimmpossible.wordpress.com/
Aparna – http://midnighthues.wordpress.com/
Abhishek Pandey – http://www.horidhania.com/
Teju – http://singingsparrows.wordpress.com/
11 questions I need to create and you need to answer. Here they are:
1. Favourite books – fiction and non-fiction?
2. 3 Favourite movies?
3. The time you spend on blog can also be spent in?
4. A festival you really enjoy?
5. How do you spend Sunday evenings?
6. A religious tradition you find unnecessary and redundant?
7. One famous personality whose life strategies were similar to that of yours?
8. If you can start all over again, in which stream you would like to graduate?
9. What quality of your parents you would like to gain?
10. Your first interview experience?
11. A mistake you would like to correct?